http://www.99labels.com/v1/Visa-Member.aspx?re=immortal_257@in.com

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shannon Hale blogs about Stephenie Meyer and the first day of filming Austenland


" I got to meet crew, chat with the production designer, the line producer, the UPM, Stephenie, and other cool crew members. (This crew ROCKS!) I sat in a chair (it wasn't mine, but I got to use it anyway), put on headphones, and watched characters I invented speak lines I wrote. I laughed out loud at one point at the way Keri delivered a line and will have to be very careful in the future or they'll ban that unprofessional writer from the set! But it'll be hard because it's funny, and these actors are so great. Molly (Jane's best friend) is played by the gorgeous and so funny Ayda Field. Oh you guys, I'm so excited! Can I freak out a little? Can I just get majorly giddy and excited and squeal and jump around? I mean, as long as they're not filming a scene and I'm far from set. Because I'm a professional crew member and never make a peep.
I haven't met any of the actors yet, and who knows, I may not. I don't want to bug anyone. I caught a glimpse of Keri Russell and Bret Mackenzie. "
Stephenie Meyer’s production company Fickle Fish Films is in the UK filming Shannon Hale’s novel.

Read the full post in: Shannon Hale’s blog

Pic of Shannon and Stephenie to be seen at TL (link above)

About Austenland:
Jane Hayes is a seemingly normal young New Yorker, but she has a secret. Her obsession with Mr. Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, is ruining her love life: no real man can compare. But when a wealthy relative bequeaths her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-crazed women, Jane’s fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become realer than she ever could have imagined.

Decked out in empire-waist gowns, Jane struggles to master Regency etiquette and flirts with gardeners and gentlemen—or maybe even, she suspects, with the actors who are playing them. It’s all a game, Jane knows. And yet the longer she stays, the more her insecurities seem to fall away, and the more she wonders: Is she about to kick the Austen obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own?

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters